The racing stopwatch made of high-strength titanium
Sinn’s R50 marks the return of an historical model with a modern heart, in a 300-piece limited edition. In fact, this is the first time in many years that Sinn presents a racing stopwatch as part of its collection.
Distinguishing features of the R500 are the position of the crown at 12 o’clock and the push-pieces at 11 and 1 o’clock. This unusual position of the crown and push-pieces is known as a “bullhead chronograph” (for obvious reasons). The Bullhead formation indicates an extremely demanding case construction that is required to house the sloping dial which tilts downwards from top to bottom so it is angled towards the wearer for visual optimisation and convenience when adjusting the crown and push-pieces on the wrist.
Thanks to this arrangement, and the tachymeter scale on the interior bezel, the R500 bears a strong resemblance to traditional stopwatches, evoking images of the wonderful era of classic motorsport. Other neat features include a power reserve indicator at 12 o’clock so you can always see whether the timepiece is ready to go. In classic chronograph form, the displays for hour, minute and subsidiary second and the stop functions for 12 hours, 30 minutes and 60 seconds are mounted in the centre for enhanced precision and efficient time measurement.
The satinised case is made of high-strength titanium (Grade 5), which underlines the technical and contemporary interpretation of the watch and ensures durability as well as a comfortable fit and wear.
The R500 is fitted with a black cowhide strap with red seam integrated into the case. The recessed strap embossing pays homage to the hole pattern design so common in traditional motorsport and we think tradition is best upheld with traditional touches which is exactly what makes the look of this modern beater such a joy to own and wear.
· Limited to 300 pieces
· Case made of high-strength titanium, satinised
· Sapphire crystal glass
· Stopwatch-inspired control element at the top of the case
· Interior tachymeter scale to 500 km/h
· Power reserve indicator at 12 o’clock
· Waterproof and pressure-resistant up to 20 bar (200m)
· Low pressure resistant
The information on the mechanical movement corresponds to the current production situation in Frankfurt am Main. Due to technical changes, it may happen in individual cases that stock items of our sales partners deviate from this information.
- Valjoux 7750
- Self-winding mechanism
- 25 bearing jewels
- 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
- Seconds stop function
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
- Case made of high-strength titanium, satinised
- Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
- Case back screw-fastened
- Crown screwable
- Meets the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar (= 200 m water depth)
- Low pressure resistant
- Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
- Date display
- Interior tachymeter scale up to 500 km/h
- Power reserve indicator
SINN Technologies / Special Features
- Bezel with Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
- Captive bezel
Measurements & Weight
- Case diameter: 42 mm
- Band lug width: 24 mm
- 16 mm at 12 o’clock and 13 mm at 6 o’clock
Dial & Hands
- Matte black dial
- Indices coated with luminescent colour
- Hour and minute hand coated with luminescent colour
- 2 years
NB: Small parts and movement components may vary depending upon construction parameters.