Stop the clock!
Staying true to its roots in aviation, Sinn’s 717 evokes images of cockpit clocks from machines of years gone by. One such clock is the Nabo 17 ZM. Originally designed for the German Luftwaffe’s Tornado programme in the late 1970s, the Nabo 17 ZM was a cockpit clock with a central minute counter. These types of cockpit clocks are still used today in Tornado multirole combat aircraft. As a matter of fact, they also featured in the F-104 Starfighter, the Breguet Atlantic – a long-range maritime patrol aircraft – and in military helicopters such as the Bölkow Bo 105. A special feature of these clocks are the start and reset buttons at the bottom of the case, as well as the easy-to-read orange hands of the chronograph’s central stopwatch display for seconds and minutes.
Due to this special combination of heritage and functionality, Sinn drew inspiration for its 717 model range from the design and style of the Nabo 17 ZM instrument clocks.
The timepiece features a central stopwatch display for seconds and minutes facilitated by large orange hands. Built around Sinn’s tried and tested SZ01 chronograph movement, the case houses an interior pilot’s bezel, which can be smoothly operated from the outer diameter of the watch. The dial is distinguished by its excellent readability – even in the dark or under adverse lighting conditions – thanks to the sapphire crystal glass with antireflective coating on both sides and a generous coating of luminous material on the hands and indices.
At 45 mm in diameter, the 717 cuts a fine figure and is very wearable as well as highly functional.
SINN Movement SZ01
· Self-winding mechanism
· 28 bearing jewels
· 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
· Seconds stop function
· Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
· Case made of stainless steel, bead-blasted
· Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
· Case back screw-fastened
· Screw-down Crown
· Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
· Waterproof and pressure-resistant to 20 bar
· Low pressure resistant
· Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
· 60-minute stop function from the dial centre
· Date display
· Interior pilot’s bezel with luminous key mark
· Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
· Ar‑Dehumidifying Technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
Dimensions and Weight
· Case diameter: 45 mm
· Band lug width: 24 mm
· Case thickness: 15,3 mm
· Weight without strap: 114 gramme
Dial and Hands
· Matte black dial
· Numbers and indices coated with luminescent colour
· Hour, minute, stopwatch minute and stopwatch second hand coated with luminescent colour
· 3 years
NB: Small parts and movement components may vary depending upon construction parameters.