Jaeger & Benzinger Edition 2 Chronograph Collection
The classically masculine design of the Edition 2 mechanical chronograph complements the Edition 1 collection with added functionality. Similarly to Edition 1 pieces, Edition 2 watches have a robust stainless steel case manufactured in Pforzheim and combine modern materials with traditional techniques to deliver the best of both worlds.
If worn regularly and actively, this watch hardly ever needs winding due to its Swiss ETA 7750 movement. Furthermore, the skeletonized and delicately guilloched rotor ensures the permanent tension of the mainspring and its release of energy to the gear train. The sturdy, screwed-on case back with sapphire crystal exhibition window reveals not only the gear train’s motions but also the exceptional finish of the movement itself, including its circularly grained plates and blue tempered screws. The chronograph also has an onion crown for the time and date settings and pushers to control the chronograph functions. Aside from looking exceptionally beautiful on and off the wrist, the Edition 2 Chronograph can accurately measure up to 12 hours, proving it is more than just good looks.
The dial commands centre stage with all Jaeger & Benzinger watches, and timepieces in the Edition 2 collection are no exception.
The chronograph dial is entirely hand-crafted, in-house, out of sterling silver. The dial is then hand-guilloched and engraved on historic rose engines by Jochen at a level of craftsmanship and skill that makes him one of the elite in the field of watch ennobling.
To authenticate the look, the hands are flame-blued and set to provide a striking contrast to the engraved silver dial with Roman numerals.
Several colourways and finishes are available to suit various tastes and occasion. They include: rhodium-plated, Breguet frosted, black rhodium (platinum) or black PVD; hands blued, polished or white respectively
Similarly the chronograph sub-dials also come in various finishes to complement the base colour. They include: rhodium-plated, Breguet frosted, black rhodium (platinum) or rose gold-plated
Regardless of the combination, the overall look remains classic and clear making Edition 2 an excellent everyday chronograph for watch enthusiasts who appreciate design, finish and high end watchmaking.
The Edition 2 is fitted in a high-grade, polished stainless steel case made in Pforzheim, Germany and is teamed with a hand-crafted leather band featuring a quick-change spring bar system and pin buckle. Please note: there are several band options available and your selection can be finalised at the time of placing your order, based on available stock.
An added touch
Even the packaging for Jaeger & Benzinger watches is hand-made in Germany, to the highest standards.
Kay Jaeger explains that the inner case, used to store the watch, can also be used as a travel case to protect your watch when you are on the move. It was designed exclusively for Jaeger & Benzinger by a small German specialty manufacturer of leather goods working to Kay’s specifications.
The outside material is made from sturdy, ox leather, while the inside is made from soft deer skin to provide optimal protection for its precious cargo. This case is entirely hand stitched and tanned, and is itself a small work of art.
The outer box, often a throw-away item, is also quite unique. It is made by a master, German book restorer who uses the same techniques to build Jaeger & Benzinger’s outer box that he uses to restore antique book covers. Another example of a fading art preserved by the boutique brand dedicated to bespoke, hand-made quality and design.
• Movement: automatic ETA 7750 calibre; diameter 30mm, height 7.9mm; 25 jewels; 28,800 A/h; plates with perlage; blued screws, hand guilloché and/or skeletonized rotor, gold or rhodium-plated with maker’s name
• Functions: hour, minute, small second, chronograph sub dials and additional date window at 4 o’clock
• Case: polished/satinised stainless steel 42mm, height 14.5mm, sapphire crystal, sapphire crystal case back
• Watchstrap: hand-crafted leather on pin buckle with quick-change-system (variations occur depending on stock and model) Lug width 22mm
• Dial: sterling silver manufactured in-house. Options:
• Main colour: rhodium-plated, Breguet frosted, black rhodium (platinum) or black PVD; hands blued, polished or white respectively
• Small second sub-dial: Small second sub-dial designs: rhodium-plated, Breguet frosted, black rhodium (platinum) or rose gold-plated
• Options: rotor with black rhodium (platinum) or engraved initials in movement available as upgrade, please contact us for details
• Warranty: 2 year international warranty