Sinn U1 DE – 300 piece Ltd ED
The special edition to mark the 30th anniversary of German reunification.
Limited to 300 pieces
Germany will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of German reunification on 3 October 2020, an event we would like to acknowledge with the U1 DE special edition. The reunification has another significance beyond this historical date for us as a German watchmaker. For us it’s synonymous with the story of two companies which continue to actively embrace the merging of East and West to this day: qualified engineer Lothar Schmidt, owner of Sinn Spezialuhren GmbH, and Doctor of Engineering Ronald Boldt, co-owner and Managing Director of Sächsische Uhrentechnologie GmbH Glashütte (SUG), have continued to develop the partnership established in 1999 between Sinn Spezialuhren and SUG. Lothar Schmidt has held 74% of all SUG shares since the disastrous flood of 2002. Working with Ronald Boldt, he has created an upmarket case manufacturing company, which is now successfully managed primarily by son Daniel Boldt.
Since it was founded, SUG has produced cases for Sinn Spezialuhren, whose requirements in terms of construction and production are extremely demanding. Its cases are a prime example of technological skill and high quality, in particular. The U1 DE case is made from high-strength German Submarine Steel, which is highly resistant to saltwater and boasts outstanding non-magnetic properties. The diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting has a captive connection to the case. The watch comes with an all-over Black Hard Coating, which we use exclusively for surfaces with TEGIMENT technology. It’s this combination alone that makes it possible to achieve the high quality of the colour coating.
To mark this special occasion, we’ve designed the watch in Germany’s national colours. The colours black, red and gold, which have always been a symbol of German reunification and are anchored in the constitution as the colours of the flag, go all the way back to the Wars of Liberation (Germany, 1813–1815). The black, red and gold flag appeared in its present-day form at the Hambach Festival of 1832 for the first time. Reunification was celebrated with the raising of a black, red and gold flag in front of the Reichstag building in Berlin.
- Mechanical Movement
- SW 200-1
- Self-winding mechanism
- 26 bearing jewels
- 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
- Seconds stop function
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
- Case made of German Submarine Steel, black
- Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
- Case back screw-fastened
- Crown screwable
- Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
- Pressure-resistant up to 1,000 m diving depth (= 100 bar), certified by DNV GL
- According to the technical demands for the diving norm DIN 8306
- Tested based on European diving equipment standards EN 250 / EN14143 and certified by DNV GL
- Low pressure resistant
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Date display
- Diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting and luminous key mark
- SINN Technologies
- Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
- Captive diver’s bezel
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 44 mm
- Band lug width: 22 mm
Case thickness: 14.7 mm
Weight without strap: 113 gramme
Dial and Hands
- Matte black dial
- High-gloss, gold-plated second hand
- Indices coated with luminescent colour
- Hour, minute and second hand coated with luminescent colour
Warranty period 2 years
NB: Small parts and movement components may vary depending upon construction parameters.