The observer watch.
The first deck watches, also known as B-Uhr watches, are considered to be the marine time pieces developed in the 18th century by English watchmaker John Harrison. They represented an important development in nautical navigation. Over time, deck watches became particularly established in the military, where they were used for locating and navigation, for coordinating procedures and for keeping to schedule.
With the 856 B-Uhr, Sinn continue this tradition, combining the characteristic, historic look of a B-Uhr with a comfortable 40 mm diameter. As is customary with traditional B-Uhr watches, the hour hand of the 856 B-Uhr has been reduced. It points to a separate, inner hour circle, while the dominant minute hand indicates the minutes around the outside. Just like the numerals, indices and triangular main marker, the minute hand is highlighted by an ivory-coloured coating. The ordering of hour hand and minute hand on the black dial follows historical specifications: during operations, minutes were the more important unit of time, and it was important to be able to read them quickly and accurately.
The high-tech features of this watch fulfil all the criteria of a deck watch: functionality, durability, readability, precision and reliability. The surface of the bead-blasted stainless-steel case has been hardened using TEGIMENT Technology, making it especially scratch-resistant, while Ar-Dehumidifying Technology guarantees greater functional reliability and freedom from fogging. In order to minimise magnetic interface, the 856 B-Uhr is equipped with Magnetic Field Protection up to 80,000 A/m or 100 mT. A total of 856 of these unusual watches are being produced, each with an engraved limited-edition marking on the case back.
Technical Data Model 856.012
- Sellita SW300-1
- Self-winding mechanism
- 25 bearing jewels
- 28.800 semi-oscillations per hour
- Seconds stop function
- Shock resistant as per DIN ISO 1413
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
- Case made of stainless steel, bead-blasted
- Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
- Case back screw-fastened, nickel-free
- Crown screwable
- Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
- Pressure-resistant to 20 bar
- Low pressure resistant
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Date display
- TEGIMENT Technology, therefore especially scratch-resistant
- Ar-Dehumidifying Technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
- Magnetic Field Protection up to 80,000 A/m
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 40 mm
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Case thickness: 11 mm
- Weight without strap: 70 gramme
Dial and Hands
- Matte black dial
- Numbers and indices coated with luminescent colour
- Hour, minute and second hand coated with luminescent colour
- 3 years
Please use the link below to configure your watch including
- band options
- special features
NB: This feature is not linked to the web shop – it will just provide additional technical information and visualisation of the available options! For ordering one or more of the available options with your watch, please use the checkboxes below or leave us a comment accompanying your order!