If you love the look and feel of Sinn’s popular 104 instrument watch series, you’ll love this special edition with a subtle, matt-finished case and versatile band pack.
Thanks to the bead-blasted matt case, the special edition Sinn 104 St Sa I Matt is clearly distinguishable from the 104 series which typically feature polished cases. The result is very unique, giving the piece a completely different look and adding to its collectability.
Achieving the matt finish
During normal manufacture, Sinn produces its 104 cases on an automated, CNC machine which can also bead-blast the case as part of the process. However, for this special edition, Sinn first produces each piece as a standard polished 104 case, then creates the bead-blasted finish entirely by hand.
Hand-applying the bead-blasted finish correctly in order to meet Sinn’s high-quality standards is a time-consuming process but the end result is very distinguished. Another advantage of the matt finish is its increased resistance to abrasions and other blemishes, which can be much more visible on highly polished cases.
In line with Sinn’s 104 Instrument Watch series, this piece also features time & day/date indication (which alternate between German and English depending on your preference) as well as a robust, rotating bezel with a matt black finish. Sinn’s ratcheting bezel has been designed with a screw-down construction for added resistance and security to ensure it will not snap off the case if hit or knocked.
Adhering to criteria for pilot watches, the 104 boasts a highly legible matt black dial with generous luminosity on hands and indices and is pressure resistant to 20 Bar (water resistant to 200 meters) as well as being resistant to low pressure at high altitudes.
Special features overview
• Case made of stainless steel, bead-blasted by hand for a matt finish
• Captive pilot’s bezel with minute ratcheting
• Anti-glare, Sapphire crystal glass on both sides
• Water resistant to 200 meters (20 Bar)
• English and German day display
• Low pressure resistant
• Special Edition band pack : Sinn hand-finished, bead blasted H-Link bracelet plus vintage-look, leather band
Limited Production Model
- High Grade Swiss Movement
- Self-winding mechanism
- 26 bearing jewels
- 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
- Seconds stop function
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
- Case made of stainless steel, polished
- Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
- Transparent case back made of sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective on the interior
- Case back screw-fastened
- Crown screwable
- Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
- Pressure-resistant up to 20 bar (= 200 m water depth)
- Low pressure resistant
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Date display
- Day of the week display
- Pilot’s bezel with minute ratcheting and luminous key mark
- Captive bezel
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 41 mm
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Case thickness: 11.5 mm
- Weight without strap: 73 gram
Dial and Hands
- Matte black dial
- Indices coated with luminescent colour
- Hour, minute and second hand coated with luminescent colour
- 2 years