Erwin delivers the lines and performance of the much-loved Felix model with the addition of a jumping second function.
Available in two distinctive colourways (black or rose gold), Habring2’s Erwin collection comprises highly functional timepieces with the charm of classical, minimalist design.
The classic lines and design of the Jumping Second’ silver dial are enhanced by subtle rose gold indices and tapered hands. The polished bezel adds another
element of finesse to this charming piece and ties the design in nicely.
Erwin’s specially developed movement is based on Habring2’s in-house A11 calibre. A11 has proven itself robust and reliable since its launch in 2014 as the movement within the original Felix timepieces. Thanks to its intelligent design, the A11 calibre is flexible enough for installation in Felix and Erwin’s slim 38.5 mm case. Even with the addition of a jumping second function in the Erwin series, the A11S movement is still a slim 5.7 mm which fits comfortably with the 9mm high case.
Erwin‘s case is proudly 100% Made in Austria. The raw material is tempered in the smelter of world famous steel specialist Böhler of Kapfenberg and then processed by local metalworking experts.
The fine-grained, silver-white dial with its discreet minimalist print and black oxidised steel hands in thread form (also available in blued steel on request) are features Erwin shares with Felix. The dial now features second markers and a jumping second hand the jumps from one marker to the next with the greatest precision. For those who prefer something different, both Felix and Erwin models are available with a silver dial (either completely smooth or with a discreet brushed metal finish) with red gold-plated indices & matching hands.
An extensive range of bands are available for the Felix and Erwin collection (18mm lug fitting) and a slim 18mm stainless steel deployment clasp is also available as an alternative to the standard pin buckle fastening.
Erwin’s technical details
Habring² A11S movement:
- Diameter: 30 mm; height: 5.7 mm
- Centre-mounted hour hand, minute hand and jumping second hand
- 28,800 half oscillations per hour (4Hz)
- Hand-wound movement with 48 hours of power reserve
- Fine adjustment via tangential screw
- Amagnetic escapement with a Carl Haas balance spring in chronometer quality
- KIF shockproof pursuant to DIN and NIHS
- 21 rubies
- Elaborately refined by hand with polished edges, decorative grinding, perlage, etc.
- 65 service-relevant individual parts (126 parts in total)
- Stainless steel, three-part, 38.5 mm in diameter, 9.0 mm in height
- Watertight to the depth equivalent of 30 metres (3bar)
- Spherical sapphire lens
- Double-sealed crown, sapphire base
- Consecutive serial number engraved between the lugs at 6 o’clock
- Silver-white granular metal dial with black print or silver-white calendered metal dial with red gold-plated hour bars/digits and black print
- Polished, black oxidised steel hands in thread form or polished red gold plated hands
A11 calibre family
Between 2007 and 2014 Habring² movements were based on the Valjoux 7750/7760 clockwork. Due to the well-known withdrawal by ETA – and also to ensure future production – it was only logical for Maria & Richard Habring to create a worthy replacement themselves.
In addition to the entire clockwork, winding mechanism and hand movement mechanism, their task also included designing and manufacturing the escapement and balance wheel with balance spring. Whilst competitors – armed with industrial processes and high, generously subsidised investments in machine pools – attempt to come close to the former ETA prices, the Habrings have decided to take another route: “We will utilise our flexible, small company structure in future to focus even more on the high manually added value of our watches.”
The team at Habring² has perfected the manual assembly of anchors, counting balance springs and the manual production of clockwork cogwheels in accordance with traditional techniques. Counting and bending enough finished balance springs to last a month takes about a day’s work.