Doppel Felix – The Noble and Timelessly Beautiful Rattrapante
Many will still remember the “double helix” as DNA strands from biology class. “Doppel Felix” does not only sound similar, but also has – as the name of the model suggests – the DNA of Felix, which was the starting point of the manufacture age for Habring². This DNA can be found also in Erwin, Felix’s younger brother with the “jumping second”.
Naturally, what is ticking inside Doppel Felix is the movement A11 developed and produced in the company Habring², which is the only manufacture calibre made in Austria to date. Despite the relatively small numbers that leave the manufacturing site in Carinthia every year, thanks to these “in-house movements” Habring² is absolutely independent from external movment suppliers.
The aforementioned DNA of Felix excels not only with its reliability and cleverness, but last but not least, with its attractiveness. And so, Felix posed once again as model – after Erwin, the erratic one – and this time for the next generation of the Doppel, i. e. the Doppel or split-second chronograph by Habring², also known as Rattrapante.
Beside the split second movement developed and produced in-house and the cool and timeless Felix metallic look, Doppel Felix also convinces with a further novelty – the date module by Habring². The date is indicated by means of a hand (the fifth hand of the Doppel) pointing from the centre outwards to clearly discernible, large date digits located on the on the new, raised date ring at the edge of the dial. Combined, they form a very special, very aesthetic, large-digit date. Those who are more puristically tuned will pick the version with the tachymeter and telemeter scale in place of the date indication. What else is left from the Doppel 3 are, beside the Rattrapante, also the small running seconds hand as well as the minute counter on the auxiliary dials on the left and right next to the main hand axis.
While the previous Doppel had a mainly sporty appearance, Doppel Felix with its face in either Satin Silver or Grey/Anthracite and rose-golden hands and hour bars presents itself, in all simplicity, very classy and timeless. A great match are the new, tailored, top-quality leather watch bands – which are also “made in Austria”. On request, the customer can have a deployment clasp for his Doppel Felix.
Also the well-known 42 mm casing, which Habring² gets manufactured in Austria, has undergone a facelift on this occasion: it has got a new bezel, a new casing bottom, and a new finish achieved with a combination of satination and polishing. The two popular pushbuttons (start stop zero at 2 o’clock and the split hand at 10 o’clock) have been joined by a subtle recessed push-button at 4 o’clock. It so-to-say triggers the new date indication of Doppel Felix.
- Mechanical manual winding wrist watch
- Movement: calibre A11R (A11RD with pointer date)
- Case diameter 42mm
- Hour, minute display, small running seconds hand
- Stop-seconds hand and 30-minute counter, split-seconds hand, pointer date on request
- Triovis fine adjustment
- Escapement parts in chronometer quality
- Shock-proof in accordance with DIN and NIHS
- 27 rubies
- 48-hour power reserve when fully wound
- 101 (A11R) or 109 (A11RD) service-relevant individual components
- 42mm 316L stainless steel in three parts with brushed and polished finish
- Domed sapphire glass coated with anti-glare on both sides
- Double crown seal, sapphire glass base
- Solid stainlees steel case back, individually numbered
- Water-resistant to 5 bar (50 metres)
- Silver galvanized metal
- Sunken registers with circular finish
- Telemeter scale or date indication
- Hour markers in rose gold
- Polished and rose Gold plated hands