Doppel 3.1 Titanium
Whilst the Doppel 2.0 was the logical development of Habring’s original Doppel series from 1992, the Doppel 3 takes things a step further with its mid-century reminiscent, single-pusher functionality and retro design.
For added appeal (and technical challenge) the 3.1 is the presentation of the Doppel 3 minus the 30 minute counter sub dial and in its place, a 60 minute counter set from the centre of the dial.
The Doppel 3.1 closely resembles sports stop watches from the 1960s in design and technology.
- The elegant combination of an anthracite/grey dial with silver-coloured sub-dial and steel appliqués and yellow counter hand is attractive and easy to read. This clever use of tones with a pop of colour is both functional and retro and harks back to racing team colours of the 60s.
- But the real appeal with a Habring2 timepiece is always the technology within. The Doppel 3.1 pays tribute to the past with its split-second chronograph technology. Reduced to just one button for the chronographs start-stop-zero functions, it bridges the gap between classic hand-held stop watches with timing functions and rattrapante that were the benchmark in the pre-electronic age. Habring2 has successfully created a technically complicated movement in the Doppel 3.1 but managed to keep the design and functionality simple and robust.
This is a strikingly beautiful timepiece with an impressive movement and optimal functionality to match. In short, a significant additional to any collection and a pleasure to own and wear.
NB: this model features a Grade 5 Titanium case!
- Mechanical manual winding wrist watch
- Movement: calibre A08MR-MONO
- Case diameter 42mm
- Hour and minute display, small running seconds hand
- Stop-seconds hand & 60-minute counter set from the centre
- Triovis fine adjustment
- Escapement parts in chronometer quality
- Shock-proof in accordance with DIN and NIHS
- 23 rubies
- 48-hour power reserve when fully wound
- 101 service-relevant individual components
- Case: Titanium grade 5 pilot case